Friday, January 17, 2014

A Student Reflects on the Constant Change in Life at Cedar Ridge Academy International Private Therapeutic Boarding School

Cedar Ridge Academy International Private Therapeutic Boarding School  has been around for 17 years or so and has experienced a huge amount of change throughout the entire time that it has been established. In the 18 months or so that I’ve spent my time at CRA, I have seen change in myself and I have seen change in other students and in the program as well. I’ve experienced the weather going from hot almost 100 degrees outside in the summer to barely over 0 degrees in the winter and back and forth again. So the only thing that is one hundred percent positive and is always going to happen in its time is change. Change in the weather, the people, and the experiences. There are always things that are changing throughout time.

I personally have changed a huge amount from when I was at home and even from when I was at my wilderness program right before coming to CRA. I’ve grown from a kid who blends into the background and tries to not be noticed at all times to a young man who is standing out a lot more than he used to. I’ve built new relationships with the newer guys and built even stronger relationships with some of those guys that have been here for longer than others. I’ve gained levels and lost levels through my time, and I’ve learned a lot about myself through my time.

Now as my time draws to an end, I look back and think about what I’ve experienced here and I’ve realized that again the only things constant in life is change. Change in the experiences, the health of a person, the time that goes on, the energy spent and the mental physical and emotional strength that is acquired and used to help everyone on a day to day basis. These are all huge parts of a person’s life and it is never going to be the same way ever again as things are always going to be different in every experience. Overall, I am glad that I have learned this lesson early in my life.

The author received his brown belt a few months ago,
a great accomplishment!

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate