Friday, November 29, 2013

Spotlight on Jacob Auna, a new therapist at Cedar Ridge Academy Private International Boarding School

Recently, Cedar Ridge Academy Private International Boarding School added a new therapist to the staff, Jacob Auna.  One of our students interviewed him for a spotlight article that recently appeared in the fall issue of Cedar Spectrum newsletter.  We have reprinted this spotlight here for you and welcome Jacob to our Cedar Ridge family.

What is your favorite thing to do (as a past time)?
My favorite thing to do is to go to the beach: playing in the water, surfing, body boarding, or any other type of water sport.

What prompted you to want to want to become a therapist?
I wanted to become a therapist as I was going through the Master in Social Work at BYU. I wanted to help others on a different level. Mainly I wanted to be able to help other to improve their quality of life.

Why did you want to work at Cedar Ridge Academy?
When I came for my interview, I was greatly impressed with how clean and neat the facility was here. I also was drawn to being able to do therapy in an environment that we have here at Cedar Ridge. I also wanted to instill qualities and lessons in students through activities, experientials, nature, hard work, and sports.

What is your favorite part of working at Cedar Ridge Academy?
My favorite part of working at Cedar Ridge is being able to work with the students both in individual and group therapy. Also I love being able to have the opportunity to help them in a totally different environment. I also greatly enjoy using volleyball as a way to teach and coach life lessons.

What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of having 3 children and being a father to them. Having my own family and helping my kids understand my love for them and me always being there for them is something that I greatly take pride in daily.

What is your meaning/purpose of life?
            My meaning of life is based off a great quote, “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” -Robert Nesta Marley

What are 5 things that you want to be before you die?
            1. Establish an orphanage for children in the Philippines.
            2. Break a world record.
            3. Write a children's book and publish it.
            4. Learn how to play the piano.
            5. Catch a fish with my bare hands.

Therapist_instructs_students_during_workshop_Cedar_Ridge_Private_International_Therapeutic_Boarding_School
Jacob pauses for a moment to make a goofy pose!

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate