Friday, September 13, 2013

Therapeutic Retreat in the Uinta Mountains at Cedar Ridge Academy Therapeutic Boarding School

At Cedar Ridge Academy Private Therapeutic Boarding School, students enjoy an opportunity to hike through nature, revile in the outdoors, and spend time together.  Recently, the girls had the chance to go up into the Uinta Mountains to explore the area there and themselves. The girls wrote about their experience to share with all of you.

One student said:
Hiking_unita_mountains_cedar_ridge_academy_Private_therapeutic_Boarding_school
Busy painting the first letter of their name
My experience today was fairly enjoyable.  I'm not a fan of hiking, but the hike today was alright.  The way down was by far the best part, because we ended up walking through the Aspen trees and the dried up creek bed where the run-off comes down.  It was fun to navigate your own path through the trees and down the rocks.  I enjoyed just spending some time with myself while hiking; just having a long time to zone out in nature and think. Coming back to camp and spending time with the girls was nice as well.  Just having some time to hang out and be creative with our craft projects. Overall, just having some time to hang out was really nice. 
Another student commented:
 Overall, the experience up at Uinta Canyon was undeniably amazing.  The day started off slow and kind of hectic, but the fun picked up the minute we got in the car.  From hiking to ping pong matches and arts and crafts--the day was definitely a success. But at the end of the day, my favorite part about the trip was the bonding.  I loved how close I felt to everyone by the end of the day and I can't wait to do it again.

 Finally, this student stated:
girls_hiking_the_Unita_mountains_on_retreat_cedar_ridge_academy_private_therapeutic_boarding_school
Becoming better friends
Today, I had a really good time being out in nature and just observing my surroundings.  The hike was perfect for me, because I love exercise and climbing.  Even though some of the girls had a hard time, I think the overall experience was good for everyone.  It was nice to just connect with the world and let all my problems and worries go. Once we came back to camp, it was really fun to spend time with the girls.  On the hike, it was especially nice to bond with [my new friend]. I loved the way the sky looked; it was gray, but had patches of sun which looked absolutely beautiful.  Experiences like this don't come every day, so when we have them, we should enjoy them.

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate