Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Student Voices How Hypnotherapy Helped Work Through Past Trauma

Since 1990, Rob Nielson, MFT, has been working with youth. After establishing co-ed Cedar Ridge Academy Therapeutic Boarding School in 1996, Rob put his hypnotherapy skills to work helping students work through past traumatic events. Below, former student, Rita, explains how Rob and hypnotherapy helped her healing process. (Rita not only graduated from high school at Cedar Ridge Academy, she also graduated her therapeutic program and earned her black belt in Shotokan Karate.)

Receiving Shotokan Karate Black Belt at Cedar Ridge Academy


Hypnotherapy has helped me connect with myself. I came to Cedar Ridge Academy disconnected to my past. I also did not understand my past. I have been able to work through traumatizing events with the help of hypnosis. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't have been impossible to work through these emotions that came up for me from these events without hypnosis, however, it would have been more difficult and would have taken longer.

Another thing that hypnosis has helped me with is working on my trust issues. Hypnosis helps work on trust issues because it requires a person to put a lot of trust in the therapist putting them into a trance because of the vulnerable state that the client gets into.

Cedar Ridge Academy Therapeutic Boarding School graduate


Hypnotherapy has not only helped me work through buried emotions, but it has also helped me become more comfortable with being vulnerable and has helped me build a better relationship with my therapist. Hypnosis has resulted in me feeling very trusting of, and comfortable with my therapist.

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate