Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Students Leave Cedar Ridge Academy Therapeutic Boarding School with Gratitude & Clear Goals

Cedar Ridge Academy Therapeutic Boarding School staff  and teachers work together as a team to help students achieve their goals in their time here.  For many students, these goals revolve around changes in behavior, academics, friendships, and family relationships.  As students move on to their next step in life, we ask them to reflect on their time here and what they have learned.  Recently, Conrad and Madison left after having a successful stay here.  We asked them to leave us with a few words of reflection and what their future plans are.

Cedar_Ridge_Academy_co-ed_Therapeutic_Boarding_School_boys
Conrad is always such a joker!

Leaving Cedar Ridge is really weird.  It has been my home for the last 16 months.  I really am not too nervous because I know Cedar Ridge has provided me with the skills to be a successful and happy human.  It has really prepared me to move on to my next step, which is to go to Monterrey Bay Academy, a regular boarding school in California. I am really grateful for everyone and everything about Cedar Ridge Academy.
– Conrad

Therapy_Cedar_Ridge_Academy_Therapeutic_Boarding_School
Conrad works hard on his therapy assignment

Cedar_Ridge_Academy_co-ed_Therapeutic_Boarding_School_girls
Madison always has a beautiful smile

I came into Cedar Ridge Academy loving and clinging to school. School was my avoidance. During my time here at Cedar Ridge, the teachers and staff made school plans that best fit me. At times it was slowing down my school, and towards the end of my stay, it was speeding it up. The school was very supportive of my focus on therapy for a long time as well.  I have enjoyed my time here at Cedar Ridge. It has helped me become the person I am today. This new person I am has a future and dreams. My goals for the future start out small, like going to Dixie State College in St. George.  I want to eventually get my Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine at a school called Bastyr in Washington State.  I definitely want to become a doctor and make a difference with the way I practice medicine and the values I hold myself to.  In the therapeutic side of my stay, I gained a lot of growth. When I came, I was struggling with a variety of concerns. Throughout my time here, I have been able to work through all of those issues and I am much better because of it. For my future, my goal is to remain centered, keep up with karate, and stick to my goals and path to success. My stay at Cedar Ridge Academy has been a long, but successful journey. I know I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the help of Cedar Ridge.
– Madison

Karate_Cedar_Ridge_Academy_Co-ed_Therapeutic_Boarding_School
Madison is very precise in her karate

We wish Madison and Conrad the best of luck on their new adventures in life!

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate