Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cedar Ridge Academy's Shakespeare Class News Broadcast

Between August 2nd and August 9th, some
Cedar Ridge Academy students attended a trip to the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah.  These students had completed the class academics necessary to attend this trip.  For about the last decade, the certified English teachers have been teaching a rigorous curriculum to help students to understand William Shakespeare's words that also aims to help students with credit recovery, academic recovery, and prepare for college.  The class culminates in a great experience for these troubled teens: the trip.  To help with their academic development, one of their assignments is to write a reflection about the class or the trip to post on the blog.  This post was written by Sean.


As shown above, another student and I are really enjoying the Cedar Ridge Shakespeare trip and the work we do for the class. My name is Sean (right) and my friend is also named Shawn (left). We are two of the very lucky students to get enrolled in the Cedar Ridge Shakespeare class. Right now I am typing this six hours away from the Cedar Ridge campus, I am in Cedar City near the Utah Shakespeare festival. Every year the Shakespeare class drives up and stays at a cabin to enjoy this festival. As we are up here, we have a final project to do for the class. In this picture, we are doing a "news broadcast" in which I am interviewing the student to my left. When I am not working or watching plays at the festival, I am relaxing to myself or interacting with others freely. Its a great break from the Cedar Ridge program, and its a lot like a vacation. The Shakespeare trip is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had so far in Cedar Ridge Academy, and I would highly recommend this class to any other student that is interested in finding a great way to earn an English credit.

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate