Friday, August 3, 2012

Cedar Ridge Academy Does Shakespeare with a Therapeutic Boarding School Twist

Between August 2nd and August 9th, some
Cedar Ridge Academy students attended a trip to the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah.  These students had completed the class academics necessary to attend this trip.  For about the last decade, the certified English teachers have been teaching a rigorous curriculum to help students to understand William Shakespeare's words that also aims to help students with credit recovery, academic recovery, and prepare for college.  The class culminates in a great experience for these troubled teens: the trip.  To help with their academic development, one of their assignments is to write a reflection about the class or the trip to post on the blog.  This post was written by Crayton.

I really love the Shakespeare trip. I am having a great time up in the mountains with everyone. We are staying at Brian Head ski resort in a log cabin right off of the slopes. I am having a great time doing the filming with my group  and I am also having a great time hanging out with all of my peers. Today we woke up and my group made breakfast. We made breakfast burritos that had eggs, sausage, and peppers in them. After we ate our group had to clean up and then it was time to go to work. Our group worked all morning on our sports act which consisted of a lion, two gladiator fighters, and a culdesac. Now I'm not going to tell it all to you, but it was awesome.

Search Cedar Ridge Academy

Translate